Friday, May 6, 2011

My Promise - From Mom

Leaving you was harder than I ever thought it would be. I didn't expect the torrent of thoughts and emotions that are now ripping through my heart and mind like a tidal wave. I didn't imagine that I would break down walking away from you.

I see hope in your eyes, I know that you want to trust in me, you and your timid soul. I don't know how many homes you've had before me, at least two. I don't know how many situations you were lured into only to be hurt. I can't begin to imagine the pain of your family leaving you on the streets to die. I wish I knew who did this to you, who made you this way, my little social tard, so that I can make sure they are never allowed near an animal again.

Of course you have issues, what human or animal in your situation wouldn't? I know I've thought of leaving you in the past, but when it came down to it, I couldn't do it. I could never do it. And I never will. I will always be here.

Please trust that I'm coming back for you. I wish I could tell you in a way that you would understand, as your confused gold eyes gaze back at me, filled with worry as I pack up your kennel. This isn't forever. Forever goodbye's are all you have known. Please don't hurt. Please don't think this is one of them. I will come back for you, every time, until the end of our time, for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment